Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Iranian Letter: The White House Response


Though White House officials insisted there would be no American response to Monday's letter from Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Exploding Dirigible obtained this copy of a response sent from the White House to Mr. Ahamadinejad Wednesday.

*********************

The White House
Washington D.C.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Tehran, Iran

May 10, 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

I want to thank you for your kind letter to President Bush, dated May 8, 2006. As you can imagine, the President receives many cards and letters and, unfortunately, cannot respond to each one himself. He asked me, however, to convey his thanks for your kind words and wanted me to tell you he always enjoys hearing from patriotic Americans like yourself. He asks that you continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he works hard to make America stronger and safer from terrorists and rogue states like Iran.

As a small token of the President's gratitude, please accept this photo of the President and Mrs. Bush and the First Dog, Barney. I hope you will display it with pride and continue supporting our President.

Sincerely,


John P. Cocktosten
Assistant Deputy of Public Relations


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

Scotty C! It's Clifton Murphy from "The Shortest Yard." As I was avoiding putting together a lecture for a summer class I'm teaching, I started googling old UNL folks and ran into your blog. Pure genius, sir.

Send me an e-mail sometime: michwagn@indiana.edu